The Winter Challenge is an annual event that takes place the first Saturday in December.
Date: First Saturday in December
Place: St Joseph River (RR Bridge in St. Joseph to Berrien Springs Dam)
Fee: $25 per participant
Start: 6 AM (Launch any time but no fishing before 6 AM)
Finish: 3 PM (Must be in weigh-in area at Babes ounge by 3 PM)
Weigh-in: Babes Lounge, 565 Riverview Dr., Benton Harbor, MI 49022
This is an open event to members and non-members alike.
> MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- Completed Entry Form Required.
- All DNR Rules Apply.
- River limits are from the railroad bridge in St. Joseph upstream to the dam at Berrien Springs. You may fish from shore or boat, but you must fish in the St. Joseph River.
- Steelhead, Brown Trout, Lake Trout, and Walleye maybe entered.
- Individuals may enter up to (3) Steelhead.
- Individual prizes awarded to all qualifying Steelhead entries.
- Big fish prizes for Brown Trout, Lake Trout, and Walleye.
- A chapter traveling trophy will be awarded to the Michigan Steelheaders Chapter that weighs in the (3) heaviest Steelhead.
- Optional Captains $20 per boat side pot. Best 3 fish per boat.
Entry deadline is 5:00 PM the day prior to the contest. A completed entry for is REQUIRED.
Contact: Ryan McCartney at (574) 274-6382, email at firstname.lastname@example.org